Looking for awesome bookmark managers? You have come to the right place!
There is so much good content around the internet. Be it blogs, articles, white papers, infographics, videos, images, and even listicles like this article!
So much online content is created and absorbed every minute. The amount of data we produce every day is truly mind-boggling. There are 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created each day, but that pace is only accelerating with the growth of the internet and technology. As much as 90% of the data on the internet has been created since 2016, according to an IBM Marketing Cloud study! That’s a heck of a lot of content!
Tons and tons of fresh content mean that we are bound to find interesting stuff to read and consume on a daily basis. But considering our busy lifestyle, it’s impossible to consume every piece of good content we come across. We need a place to store all this content and get back to it in our free time. That’s where bookmarking helps us save the content we would like to view again at our own accord without worrying about losing that awesome content.
The benefits of bookmark managers are that you can easily read your saved content whenever you want so you don’t wanna search hard to read again.
But what exactly are bookmark managers and why should you even care? Let’s see what are bookmark managers and their importance before we dive in the list of some of the best bookmark managers out there.
What are Bookmark Managers?
Over time, you may add a lot of different websites to your bookmark lists in your browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc. Despite making genuine efforts to organize these bookmarks into folders and subfolders, these can still become a huge, messy list of sites you want to remember or look at later.
That’s where bookmark managers come into play. Bookmarks help you keep track of stuff on the web like the apps you need to research, the sites you need to access regularly, the articles you want to save for later, and so on. Bookmark managers allow you to save and organize your content so that you can view or use it in the future.
They allow you to access all the web pages you have bookmarked from the web browser on any device as long as you have an internet connection.
Importance Of Bookmark Managers
Bookmark managers play an important role in everyday research and building a knowledge database. They help in saving time and increase our efficiency. Bookmark managers have important features like:
- Ability to save any web link online.
- Make notes on the weblinks you save.
- Customize images saved with your web links.
- Organize bookmarks into relevant folders & subfolders
- Quick saving browser extensions.
- Add tags to make your weblinks easily searchable.
- Bonus – Create collections of saved web links and turn them into shareable content.
- Double Bonus – Collaborative!
List of 10 Incredible Bookmark Managers
Now that we know the importance of bookmark managers, here’s the list of our top 10 best bookmark managers for 2022:
elink.io is a next-generation bookmark manager, that allows you to save bookmarks from around the web. Save article links, blogs, videos, cloud files, social media posts, white papers, and much more!
elink’s smart browser extensions allow you not only to save content quickly. The best part is that you have the option to customize how you want your weblink to be saved. You can choose an image that best represents your content, as well as edit the title and description. This is a smart way to personalize each link and add your own notes.
When it comes to helping you organize your bookmarks elink has you covered! From the ability to add tags and organize your bookmarks across folders and subfolders, you’ll never lose the best of the web again. All of your bookmarks get saved inside of your Bookmark Library. Use elink’s smart search to search across titles and descriptions and filter across folders, tags, dates, multiple visual bookmark views, etc.
One of the smartest features of elink is that you can bundle and create collections of your weblinks and turn them into content to share with others! The best part is that you can continue updating published content with elink’s browser extensions. Here are just some ideas of what you can do with your saved bookmarks:
- You can create fast beautiful single web pages to share internally, share your link on social media, or for educational references.
- You can create stunning HTML email newsletters in minutes that can be shared via Mailchimp, Gmail, or any third-party email platform that supports HTML.
- You can also embed your elink collections directly on your website or blog and create content around press pages, video collections, article resources, newsfeed, and much more!
Elink is a rare bookmark manager that can be used solo or with your team! Bring your team together and start saving, sharing, and creating content more intelligently!
We couldn’t resist sharing some unexpected features like:
- Content automation where website content can be automatically updated with bookmarks that are added to a particular folder!
- Use elink’s RSS feed reader where you can save bookmarks from your favorite publications all within elink’s powerful bookmark platform.
Get ready to get your bookmarking socks knocked off!
- Browser extensions compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Edge & Brave.
- Customize weblinks – images, titles & descriptions
- Organization – folders, subfolders, tags, etc.
- Bookmark Library with smart search & filtering
- Collaborative across your team.
- Build beautiful content from bundled weblinks – single webpages, HTML email newsletters, and website embeddable content.
- Hands-free content automation from bookmarks.
- elink’s RSS Feed reader to quickly save bookmarks from your favorite publications.
Pricing: Chrome & Firefox Extension is free of cost!
Lasso is the all-in-one bookmark organizer for bookmarking, web research, and knowledge management. It is a cloud-based bookmark manager that captures and organizes your content in a clean and simple-to-use dashboard.
Lasso is the best service for creating collections of valuable content and then sharing with customers, team members, or social followers.
Often regarded as “the easiest and most powerful way to curate and share content,” Lasso is the perfect tool to collaborate over resources with team members.
- Public and private collections of bookmarks
- Share collections on social sites
- Follow and gain followers
- Team and individual collaboration
- Filtering, searching, and sorting
- Grid, link, map, and compare views
- Daily update notification email
- Integrates with Slack
Pricing: Free for up to 5 team members!
Chrome Bookmark Manager is a simple Chrome Extension that saves web pages efficiently. It is compatible with Google Search, which makes it easy to filter through all files on the search engine.
Chrome Bookmark Manager is super easy to use. Just open chrome, install the extension, and start saving. You don’t even need to sign into your Gmail account.
- Search: The new Bookmark Manager doesn’t just search the title and link, but it also searches the actual text of the saved web page.
- Design: Each bookmark is a tiled card, arranged in a neat grid, complete with a featured image.
- Organization: One new feature is auto-folders, where Google goes through your content to recommend folders for you.
- Saving: Saving new bookmarks is also just like the old process. When you hit Ctrl/Cmd+D or click the star in the URL bar, you’ll see the featured image, the headline, and save it to a particular folder if you want.
Dubbed as the save button for the web, Pocket is one the top bookmark managing tools out there that helps you save articles, videos, or nearly any other web content in Pocket that you want to read, watch, or share at a later time.
It doubles as a discovery platform where users can browse through interesting new content posted by major publications and other content writers or curators. Pocket has apps and a responsive website that is accessible from every device. You can also view content offline on the go! It’s a great app to use collect the information you want to read later, especially when you’re travelling.
Pocket is available as an app or web extension on all major platforms (iPad, Smartphone, Google Chrome, Safari, Kindle Fire, etc.) It is also integrated with more than 1,500 apps including Twitter, Flipboard and Zite.
- Save images, links, and videos from the web or mobile apps
- Read articles offline from anywhere
- Organize saved items with tags
- Share links via Buffer, Facebook, Twitter and Email
- iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Kobo and Web apps available
Pricing: Free plan & Pocket Premium ($44.99/yr for no ads)
Raindrop.io is a sleek and user-friendly bookmark manager. With the ability to bookmark an article, photo, or webpage in a distinct folder or sub folder category, Raindrop.io makes it easy to keep your sources stored in an organized fashion.
It has a unique search feature that uses tag system that allows you to search through your bookmarks is easily and stores them according to the tag. Saving images is effortless using Raindrop.io. Simply right-click on the image and select save the image to Raindrop.io.
Raindrop.io has a web extension for Chrome, Firefox, and other notable web browsers. It’s also available as a mobile or desktop app for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows devices.
- Collect bookmarks: Clip articles, photos, videos and pages from web and apps.
- Organize: Organise bookmarks in collections and tag them. Give each collection a unique look and feel with a custom icon and save bookmarks with a screenshot or cover to find them easily at any time.
- Share & Collaborate: Work together on collections privately with colleagues, friends, and family or make them public and share them with the rest of the world.
- Sync with all devices you use every day. You can also import bookmarks from your browser and many other services.
Pricing: Free with the option to upgrade to a PRO plan for $3 a month ($28 annually).
If you want to view all of your bookmark folders from a single dashboard, then Booky.io is the right tool for you.
Booky.io is one of the best private bookmarking tools that easily organizes your favorite websites and other frequently visited pages. You can customize and color-coordinate your folders through a desktop extension or mobile app.
- Fast and easy to use
- Full mobile support
- Private bookmarks pages
- Customizable categories
- Chrome extension
- Cross-browser bookmarklet
- Bookmark import/export
- Bookmark notes
- Filter bookmarks
- No ads, no spam, no costs
Dropmark is one of the most outwardly engaging bookmark administrators out in the market. Users are able to drag and drop their files into the dashboard and preview their saved collection.
Dropmark allows users to organize photos, videos, audio, and even gifs in distinct folder categories for ease of access. Another awesome feature of Dropmark is that it previews your collection in a slideshow manner, which makes it perfect for presentations.
- Collections keep everything you save organized, without becoming a chore.
- Tags make it quick and easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Import tool makes it super fast to gather everything in Dropmark.
- Slideshow mode means your collections are always presentation ready.
Pricing: Free personal plan with upgrade options for Pro ($4/month) and Team($5/month) plans.
Diigo is a multi-tool for personal knowledge management. It dramatically improves your workflow and productivity in an easy and intuitively.
Build your personal library in the cloud, with links, pages, notes, pictures, etc. never to be lost, and ready to be accessed anywhere. Of course, those digital highlights, sticky notes, and screenshots you added while going around the web automatically go into your library.
- Bookmark links to archive webpages or to read later
- Attach highlights & stickies to a webpage as a reminder
- Access anywhere, via iPhone, iPad & Android
- Share pages with annotation via Twitter, Facebook, Google Buzz
- Create groups to pool findings, share resources or curate content
Pricing: Free or options for Standard, Professional and Business plans that range from $40-120 a year.
Read more: 13 Best Chrome Extensions for Productivity!
One of the more recent bookmarking applications, Larder is easy to monitor your preferred code scraps on the web. Star a GitHub archive, and Larder will so add it to your bookmark list—and can even inform you when things are changed.
It’s extraordinary for bookmarking standard locales, as well, with its bookmark and program augmentations. You can compose your content with labels—which you can segregate into different folders with different labels.
- Tags and Folders: Organise your bookmarks with tags and multiple levels of folders.
- Github stars and bookmarks combined
- Dark Theme included
- Works well on IOS, Android, Chrome, Safari Opera, Firefox, API
Pricing: Its free for the 1st six months, after that it’s $24/year.
GGather is a shiny new bookmark manager with just the right mix of features and the most intuitive user experience. GGather tags are special. They allow you to name them using any characters, in any language and most importantly – with spaces.
GGather is truly the most expansive bookmark management tool on this list. With GGather, you have the option to save/access your saved pages via a Chrome Extension, web application, via URL, and via bookmarklet.
GGather helps you save and organize all that awesome stuff. And then easily find and rediscover it later.
- Expansive: GGather allows you to save content via chrome extension, web application, URL, and a bookmarklet
- Rating: It allows you to rate your bookmarks between 1-5, which helps in allocating folder to different ratings.
- Import and Export: HTML and Json export is supported
Pricing: Free with the option to upgrade to a premium version for $3 a month.
Here’s an awesome-looking Infographic that you can Pin on Pinterest!
So there you have it our list of the best 10 bookmark managers for 2021!
Make sure that when you’re choosing the right bookmark manager that it checks off all of your needs to make bookmarking and saving content a breeze.
If we missed any bookmark manager or you want to suggest your favorite bookmark manager, do tweet us @elink.io. We would love to hear from you.
- 10 Awesome Bookmarking Tools to Manage Bookmarks
- Top 7 Firefox Bookmark Managers to Save links!
- How to Save any Webpage or Link?
- 13 Best Tools for Researchers in 2022
- Collaborative Bookmarking Tools to Manage Your Bookmarks
Don’t want to forget this information?
elink it for future reference!